Thrift Shopping || Slaying On A Budget.




Hello guys! Happy new week and welcome to my blog again. Hope y'all had a great weekend.

We all want to look good and have a great fashion style but most times we're hindered by the content of our wallets. And so, the concept of Thrifting was made for those of us who want to look good without breaking the banks.

Thrifting which is commonly known in Nigeria as Okrika shopping, basically it is buying fairly used clothes, bags, shoes and accessories in the best condition and at affordable prices.
Thrift stores across Nigeria were born out of the need to help shoppers save money and enjoy splurging on fashion without the stress of buying at the local market.

Remember when you were ashamed of being caught doing "bend down select" at the local market?
Well that's not a thing anymore. Thanks to thrift stores across the country, you can slay on a budget and hold your head high while doing so.

Here are some thrift shops in Nigeria you must visit.


Soul Orange Vintage





Based in Lagos, Soul Orange Vintage offers a wide selection of retro dresses, skirts,  dope blazers and bomber jackets. They are a tad bit expensive but their wears are top grade.


All Shades of Denim






Based in Lagos and as the name implies, this shop carries first grade mom jeans, denim jackets, denim skirts, you name it. They got it all.


Chez Jumelle






Based in Enugu, they offer lovely vintage accessories including earrings, scarfs, shades, hats and so many other lovely items.


The Vintage Closet NG





Based in Abuja and owned by Sarah Audu. This shop offers super affordable items which are normally under 2k. They carry vintage shirts, high waist trousers which include culottes and palazzo, mom jeans and scarfs.

Now to actually get the best out of Thrifting, I suggest you go to the local market. That's what I do anytime I'm in my home town.

I visit the local "Ishibori market" and I get clothes and accessories at a surprisingly affordable rates and for the record, I ain't ashamed of that. As long as it helps me safe money and keeps me slaying.


That's all I got for today guys. Thanks for reading and I hope you found this post helpful. Leave your comments below. 

What are your favorite online thrift stores? Have you shopped at this stores before? What are some of the thrift purchases you've gotten and at what cost?   

Have a beautiful and productive week. Love Kuku 🖤🖤🖤


#Style #Inspiration #Vintage #Fashion

Comments

  1. I will love the see this place.. Probably it will be OK if I spend. Y future honey 🍯.moin thier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you won't regret your visit. That I can assure you. Thanks for reading.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts