HEALTHY LIVING: 6 FRUITS TO ADD TO YOUR MEAL PLAN AND THEIR HEALTH BENEFITS!


"Eat Better, Feel Better. " 

Fruits have always been an essential part of my dieting plan. Basically because it's tastiness keeps me away from junk food and the health benefits they provide.
They are naturally sweet, infused with vitamins and minerals which keep us healthy and protects us against diseases. Some say fruits are better than pills and they absolutely right. Fruits in their varieties have their way of protecting us from diseases and the chances of getting them.
While dieting, it is advisable to add fruits to your daily meal plan. I have chosen five types of fruit today out of many which I think are quite accessible and nutritious;


•Grape Fruit




I'll start with this because they are very accessible as it can be grown here in Nigeria and you don't need much to get them. They vary in different colours from white and yellow to pink and red. My personal favorites are the pink and white grapefruits. I love this because the white has a sour savory taste while the pink gives me the sweetness I like as well.
Grapefruits support clear, healthy skin, help to reduce the risk of diseases and conditions. It also helps in weight loss as a part of a healthy diet.


"Fruits are nature's candy. "


Pineapples




Another fruit to add to your meal plan are pineapples. Most people don't enjoy eating this fruit and for the life of me I can't understand why. The fact is, pineapples are tropical fruits which are rich in vitamins, enzymes and antioxidants.
They help boost the immune system, build strong bones and relieve indigestion. Despite it's sweetness, pineapples are very low in calories. And guess what ladies, it also increases fertility.



•Avocado




Avocado is peculiarly different from other fruits. It has a creamy texture and unlike others, avocado isn't high in carbs and comprises mainly of healthy fats. I like my avocado with a slice of bread or two and it is quite feeling.
The health benefits of this fruit includes improving digestion, decreasing risk of depression and protection against cancer.



Guava




I don't know much about the health benefits of this fruit, but I do know that Guava extracts and well as extracts from its leaves (which can also be used as tea) contain medicinal properties which helps to improve blood sugar control.
It has also been known to reduce the risk of diabetes, heart disease and help to reduce fat and cholesterol levels in the body.


Red and Green Grapes






These are my favorite and the world's most oldest fruit known to man. I eat them at least once or twice a week, mostly because they are expensive.
Grapes are a good source of fiber and water. A diet that is rich with grapes has been linked to reduce the risk of obesity, heart disease,  diabetes and cancer.
It can also help protect against diseases like Alzheimer, blood pressure and eye conditions.


Apples




Apples are high in fiber and water; two qualities which makes them filling and helps in the process of dieting in achieving a healthy weight loss. 
They are also nutritious. It is very good for your heart as it helps lower blood cholesterol levels and like other fruits prevent diabetes and reduce the risk of diseases. 


People who eat fruit daily have a reduced risk of chronic diseases and a high chance at a healthy life. So try as much as you can to build a habit of eating them daily.

If asked to choose amongst all I have listed today I'd always go for grapes.


What are your favorite fruits?

Leave your comments below and also let me know if you find this post helpful.

Kuku ❤❤❤ 

Comments

Popular Posts