Life lately: You're Enough!

Believing in yourself and realizing your worth is the greatest thing you could ever do for yourself. Not only does it make you more confident, it also paves the way for more beautiful things to come into your life. And it all starts from within you. Acknowledging that you are more than what you say you are and standing firm on that acknowledgement. 

"what people say about my body, my character, the way I dress, the way I talk doesn't really matter. Their opinion doesn't count to me. What matters is that I am happy. "


I no longer see myself as a misfit and neither should you. No one is a misfit. We're all unique in our way. The first step I took to believing in myself was acknowledging that God wasn't stupid for creating me the way he did. I am Sam, because I'm unique in my way. I am beautiful, intelligent, sassy, witty and that's OK. I am OK with me. You should be too. 


Happiness is letting go of all negativity that surrounds you. It is about living in the here and now. Letting the noise fall around you like empty shells because that's exactly what there are. When you spend so much time worrying about what people think about you is only setting you for failure. Your mind takes that negativity in and battle begins within you. 




Sometimes I am really terrible to myself. I compare myself to others. Letting myself believe that they are a 100 times better than I'll ever be. I meticulously look for reasons to back the fact that is already established in my mind that I am a nobody. That I am not enough. Writing this now I ask myself why I was so cruel to myself? Why did I do that? 

Like I said before, nobody is the same. Even siblings and twins have different personalities and capabilities. So why should I downplay my uniqueness to prob someone else's? Because that what we do unconsciously when ever we beat ourselves down. 





"We can't hate ourselves into a version of ourselves we can love. "-Lori Deschene


Here is the thing though. You can never be happy with yourself if the inner critic in your head keeps yelling and telling you all the things you aren't and you can never be. So when ever that voice pops up in our heads this are the things we need to remind ourselves of; 



  • The people you compare yourself to compare themselves to other people too. 

  • Your mind can be a very convincing liar. So don't let it fool you. Be wise enough to silence that hateful voice that tells you you're not good enough. 

  • There is more right with you than wrong. Discover all that is good and beautiful and dwell on that. 

  • You need love the most when you feel you least deserve it. I shut down when I am depressed, angry and ashamed of myself. But I recently had an epiphany where I realized that I needed someone to love me even at my worst. It is really difficult to accept comfort when you're down but that's when you desperately need it. Don't shut yourself to it. 

  • You have to fully accept and make peace with the now before you can reach for and feel satisfied with the later. 

  • Focus on progression and not perfection. Think of how far you've come rather than how far you have left to go. 

  • You can't hate yourself into loving yourself. Constantly reminding yourself of how little you've accomplished won't suddenly thrust you to success. 

You are more than you give yourself credit for. Spend more time discovering yourself and all you can be rather than wallowing in self pity. 

You are enough, Just the way you are and most importantly remind yourself of just how much you're loved. 


Have a beautiful weekend my lovelies. Kuku🖤🖤🖤

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts