HEALTHY LIVING : TIPS TO HAVING A BETTER LIFE

We all want a chance to have a better life but most of us don't really have an idea on where to start. Today, I have decided to give some tips I think works perfectly in achieving the good life we all deserve.

Living healthy can be interpreted to most people as having a diet plan and an exercise schedule. It does involve these of course but it is so much more than that. Living healthy means taking care of yourself, mind and body. How do we start? Well, let's find out;


  • The benefits of Eating Clean
- Learn to eat delicious and whole food without the unnecessary calories. I like to eat healthy but we can't argue that eating healthy can be a bore and at some point our body starts to crave those delicious snacks and food that does more harm to us than good. Well, you're in luck. Instead of getting unhealthy meals from the grocery store, invest more on whole foods, which contain fibres and nutrients which are more beneficial to your body constitution. 

- Eating clean also gives you a chance to eat as much as you like without feeling guilty. Because it doesn't matter how much food you take, what matters is that you're conscious of the kind of food you eat. Keep it clean. Keep it healthy. 

- It leaves you feeling younger, healthier and happier almost overnight. You feel revived and you'll always have a tremendous amount of energy.  


  • Exercise
Not everyone is suited to a work out scheme but it does have it's benefits. Try as much as you can to infuse it into your lifestyle. If you can't handle a daily plan then try it at least twice or thrice a week. It doesn't have to be something over the top. It could be something fun, like a run, walk or even take a zumba class (I like zumba, it's dance people,  which is fun and the best part you get to loose weight without the excruciating body aches). Create a plan or calender to keep track of your schedule and progress. 


  • Sleep
This cannot be over emphasized enough especially when it has to do with our well being and rest. They are some who feel that to be an overachiever means you have to caught back your sleeping hours but the sad fact is that if you don't get enough sleep, you can't function as well as you're suppose to. I went through this phase where I thought I'd use my sleeping hours to write, read a book or catch up on that movie I didn't get to see during the day because of my busy schedule. It became my way of life and I'd stay awake till about 2 or 3am before going to sleep, which basically meant I was down to two hours or three hours a night if I was lucky. I couldn't function well during the day. I'd dose off at work and I started having terrible headaches almost everyday. Your body and mind needs at least 7 to 8 hours a a night to be at it's best. Don't over push yourself and end up gaining nothing. Sleep is very important. 

  • Think Positive
- Start your day on a positive note. Forget about how yesterday ended and the many problems you have. It's a fresh day and a brand new chance at endless possibilities. Don't bring the baggage of yesterday into your today. Start fresh, think happy thoughts and stay positive all day. I find that music helps me a lot, mostly the inspirational and upbeat kind. So before you work out of your door, play a song and hum to it as you get ready for your day. It stimulates the creative part of your brain and keeps you in a happy state. This is a fact. I do it all the time so you know I'm not making things up. When I feel sad or uninspired, music is always my medicine. Try it. 


- Focus on how blessed you are. You got out of bed didn't you? That's a enough reason for you to be hopeful. Everyday you get is a blessing and a chance to reframe your situations. Make the most out of it. 

  • Give more
Be thankful for everything you've got and be sure to express it and truly mean it. Think about people more, acknowledge that other people need help as well. We often get so consumed with our problems which can sometimes seem mediocre to what other people around us could be going through. Choose today to look beyond yourself and help that stranger in need. The feeling and reward you get from that is more gratifying than anything you could ever own. 

  • Love 
Love, the final stage and most important of our journey to a healthy life. Be open to it. Don't shut your heart towards it's possibility. You may have been hurt a couple of times but that's no excuse for you to miss out on a chance to love and be loved back. Let go of the past, wean yourself of toxic and unhealthy relationships and embrace the possibility of a new and wonderful one.

That's all I have for today guys. Hope you liked the post and please let me know if it works for you. 

Thanks and have a lovely weekend. 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts