Cocktail Recipe: The Long Island Iced Tea

Hello loves, welcome to my blog again!

Today I've decided to share some amazing recipes for how to make a Long Island Iced Tea at home.

I had an amazing time learning how to make cocktails during my industrial attachment in Lagos and I have been dying to share some of the simplest and yet delicious recipes on how to make a cocktail. It's not rocket science as some people may think and I'm excited that I'm finally getting a chance to share them with you guys.

The Long Island Iced Tea is probably one of the most easiest cocktails to make at home for your guests or for yourself if you want to kick back and unwind after a long day. It's quite high on alcohol content but it's positively delicious.

Before we start, let's get some insight on the history of this 🍸

About the Cocktail

This cocktail is prove that forbidden things are really sweet.  The Long Island tea was created during the prohibition in the United States. It was named "iced-tea" to hide the strong alcoholic content in it.

The first time the cocktail was made was in the 70s and it was given the name of the largest island in the States.

Although harmless as the name suggest, this cocktail has almost 28% alcohol content. So drink moderately and responsibly.


There are so many ways to make the Long Island Iced Tea but I'm going to give you my two favorite recipes for it.


Long Island with Cola





  • Ingredient 


1/2 ounce of vodka

1/2 ounce of rum

1/2 ounce of tequila 

1/2 ounce of gin

A splash of cola

  • Preparation 
1. Fill the glass with ice.

2. Add vodka, rum, gin and tequila. 

3. Add a splash of Cola. 

4. Finally, garnish with a lemon wedge and your drink is ready to be served. 


Long Island with Orange juice and Grenadine




  • Ingredient 
2 ounce of orange juice

1 ounce of tequila 

1 ounce of rum

1 ounce of vodka

1/2 ounce of lime juice for a sweet and sour mix (optional). 

1 teaspoon each of Grenadine and Cointreau 

1 lime wheel for your garnish. 

  • Preparation
1. Fill a long ball glass with ice. 

2. Add one teaspoon each of Grenadine and Cointreau for your reddish base at the bottom of the glass. 

3. Pour in two ounce of orange juice. 

4. Add half an ounce of lime juice to give it that sour taste, (I personally like my drinks sour but this is optional if you prefer it sweet). 

5. Garnish with a lime wheel and Voila! 

That's all I got for today guys. I hope you find this post helpful and that you have so much fun trying out this recipes at home. Don't forget to comment and let me know what you think.

Thank you and have a great rest of the week. 

Love, Kuku 🖤

Comments

  1. I add triple sec to my long island iced tea - yum!
    or try substituting champagne for cola for a Beverley Hills Iced tea (drink sparingly lol).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice. That's brilliant. I'll give it a try.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts