Happy Food || A 'Chinese' Family Day Out

I try to be as jaded and as worldly as I can be but I have to admit that being an introvert for the better part of my life has restricted me from many adventures. In 2017, I made a decision to change that and I'm glad to say 2018 is taking off on a good start.

After the wedding and the thanksgiving service on Sunday, we decided to have a last hurrah as a family. Immediately after the service, all roads led to the spot we were suppose to hang. My cousins asked where we were headed to and the matriachs of the family just asked us to follow their lead. After a ten minutes drive we got to the "Happy Food" Chinese restaurant.

The first time I had Chinese was at my aunt's wedding two years ago and I hated it. It didn't taste right and I attributed that to my taste buds being use to Nigerian cuisines. So imagine my disappointment when we pulled up to the parking lot of a Chinese restaurant.






It only got harder when we all took our seats and the menu was passed around. Our uncles and aunts found their way to what was appealing but the youngsters of the family where struggling. We took thirty minutes flipping through the menu trying to decide what to eat. Everything looked so strange to me. What the hell was I suppose to pick?

I settled for chicken. It was neutral and Chinese or not, chicken was chicken. Luckily, an aunt saw we were struggling and she placed an other for us. Thank God for her choice because the food was amazing and the environment was serene.






The food was served and we ate. There was a lot of love and laughter. Spending time with family is always my favorite time. Sadly, I don't get to do it as much as I can. I got to meet some cousins I haven't seen in a while. We reconnected over fine food, music and drinks and it was the best feeling ever. Here are some pictures from the weekend. Looking forward to doing it again. Next time it's going to be Thai or Indian food. God, I hope it won't be too awful.










My thoughts on 'Happy Food'

It's a cool spot, great service. The waiters are very courteous. I guess they're paid to be that way but I appreciated it. The food was amazing despite my reservations. I especially loved the vibe of the place. From the furnitures, down to the smallest details. It made me feel as though I was in China. To summarize, I would definitely love a repeat visit, but maybe on a date next time.














Oh well, that's all I have for today. I hope you guys loved this post. Please share your comments and don't forget to subscribe. 

Love y'all

Comments

Popular Posts