Persistence Is Key: My makeup history.




In 2009, I took the first step to my love of makeup and fashion. The love for makeup was much stronger but honestly I was hopeless at it. Though I wasn't good at it I was determined to learn not because I didn't feel beautiful without makeup but because to me makeup was an illusion I admired. Through the course of my life I have tried my hands at so many things and i have excelled in them all. No matter how frustrating it became I was glad to have the spirit of persistence nudging me on.

Here are some pictures depicting my make up journey. Some are quite terrible but I'm sure you'll be as pleased as I am of the end results.



Circa 2008, when I could barely understand the concept of an eyepencil. Yeah, brow creams weren't invented then. Lol.



Circa 2011, my Dear friend Olivia's wedding. I had a thing for red back then.



2013, University days. Makeup was a must. Bare face was considered not fashionable.



I can't remember the year, but as you can see improvement were made. Peep my Alhaja look too. Seems like a lifetime a go. Lol. Now I sound like a granny. 








  
Circa 2017/2018, Years later, 50 downloaded YouTube videos, a relentless spirit and here we are. 

It may be trivial but there is a lesson to be learnt here. For you all and I as well. Never give up on what you love or what you're committed to. The practice and persistence at a skill, trade or art might just be what all the trouble. 

That's all I have for today guys. See you next time on the blog. Love always. 
XOXO

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts