MY NYSC JOURNAL : A trip to the NYSC Secretariat

There are two things my NYSC experience has thought me. One, as a Corper you must willingly accept stress. Secondly, you must adapt to any environment you find yourself weekly or get left behind. I'm sure you can already tell that I'm not a fan of either of them.



On my way to secretariat today I watched as Corp members walked along the streets with sweat drenched clothing and a long sad look on their faces. It makes you wonder if N19,800 is worth all your stress. Only God will help us in this country Abeg.




Today I had to officially open my file at the secretariat. Luckily for me it wasn't as stressful as I feared it would be. Met some really amazing people who strangely showed me so much attention and treated my case even before people who got there first. Possibly because I told them I was sick.



I was done in less than forty five minutes and was on my way home. The perk of being a teacher during your service year is that you get to have breaks; midterm breaks and holidays. I'm currently enjoying one of those right now. Single the rest of the day I get to relax or probably go out to lunch or anything I please. I get to have "me time."



Another fun part of my day was the keke ride. Nothing like a little wind in your hair. I was so busy flipping my weave that I didn't notice the keke driver seriously laughing at me. He must have wondered if the passenger he's carrying was well at all. Abeg, enough of my Corper talk. The struggle is real.

That's all I have for today unfortunately. See you guys next time on "My NYSC Journal ."

Thanks for reading and God bless!

Comments

Popular Posts