MY NYSC JOURNAL: FIRST DAY AT MY PLACE OF PRIMARY ASSIGNMENT

Hey guys. I feel like I have to reintroduce myself again because it's been a while since I posted anything on this platform. Hi, I'm Samantha and I am as always pleased to share my mundane and yet somewhat thrilling life experiences with y'all.

OK, so a lot has gone down this past months. I got called to serve my motherland. Had my dreadful camp experience and caught a bug while in camp which left me hospitalized for the a month. I'm all good now and ready for the rest of my service year. So here's the gist. Today was my first day in my primary place of assignment and it's safe to say I was so anxious.

First of let's look at my outfit for today. I decided to jazz up my khakis with a pop of color. Something to make me stand out, if you know what I mean.



So I got up this morning, went for morning mass, came home and got ready to leave the house. When I first found out I was posted to a secondary school my heart skipped and I was so sure I was going to change my PPA. My experience with secondary school kids or teenagers for that matter hasn't been pleasant, plus I don't know the first thing about teaching. Of course, I started panicking. Mostly because I was scared of messing those poor kids up.




I finally decided not to change it. There's always a reason behind whatever happens in life. I will be impacting knowledge for a year, what if I get to learn something from all this as well? This thought solidified my decision but as I approached the school gate today I had a flutter of doubt and I decided to give it one more shot.


I got to the principal's office and presented my posting letter. As I did this, I quickly informed her that I would like to be rejected, that I wasn't cut out for the teaching gig. The principal, a woman probably in her fifties looked at me through her glasses and said, "My dear, it's not so hard and you will enjoy being here. Plus we need corpers here and we need you. So no, I won't reject you."



I had no choice but to just tell her what course I'll be comfortable with and then proceeded to handle the paper work. On the plus side I met some really wonderful teachers and other Corp members, plus a really cute guy... We'll see what happens there. #wink.

Things happen for a reason and I'm accepting this with grace. In hopes and expectations of better opportunities in the future. Y'all are now looking at the latest Civic Education Corper at Ekpan Secondary School, Warri, Delta state. I just hope for a fun and bump free experience.

Do you guys think I'll be a mean or fun teacher? Send your comments to let me know what you think and don't forget to subscribe.

Thanks for reading and see you next time on "My NYSC Journal." Love you guys always
XOXO

Comments

Popular Posts